Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tracy's Studio in the Woods Gallery

Tracy's Studio in the Woods Gallery, in historic New Market, VA, is offering four of Tracy Rose Moyer's original paintings for sale in the Great Radio Auction.

"The love and respect I feel for the Native Americans is the motivating force behind my work. My paintings attempt to capture the very 'soul' of the Native Americans. I try to convey the despair they must feel as a result of losing their way of life. Every painting depicts a special message. I feel deep passion and respect for the Native Americans, which I feel they rightly deserve."

"I research constantly - reading and studying about the ways and beliefs of the Native Americans in order to accurately portray them. And I have spent time living among and learning from them - the Navajo and the Blackfeet tribes teaching me their ways, history, and ceremonies. Even though (as far as I know) I do not have Indian blood in my veins, I've always felt a special connection to Native Americans. I sincerely believe my soul is Native American. And that is why I paint... I paint what is in my soul.

Here are the beautiful pieces Tracy is offering for sale in the Great Radio Auction:


No comments: